Thursday 21 May 2015

10 things I miss about Breastfeeding

Am I dreaming or is it true that I'm not breastfeeding anymore! After 11 months it's now over, my boobs are back to just being plain old boobs. Although, I have wanted to stop for several months, it still feels quite weird that it's over.


10 things I miss about Breastfeeding

  1. CONVENIENT. I didn't have to mix and sanitize bottles, I had the food with me everywhere I went, I never ran out.
  2. NO PERIOD. I haven't had the red plague for almost two years, that is pretty incredible. I do not long for the day it returns with its bloating belly symptoms and mood swings (and neither does my husband I’m sure!)
  3. GREAT SKIN. Ever since I started breastfeeding my skin has been great. I haven't had any problems with acne AT ALL. Before, I could get some pimples but  NADA, NONE during the time I was breastfeeding.
  4. FREE. It was way cheaper (free) compared to formula.
  5. RELAXING. Breastfeeding gave me a chance to relax, I could read my book, blog or just browse online.
  6. HEALTHY. Breastfeeding is supposed to be healthy and better than formula, so it made me feel good that I gave her the best food.
  7. COMFORTING. Bringing out the boob was a bulletproof way to calm her down when she was upset. 
  8. COZY. It was cozy and cuddly to spend that time with my baby.
  9. NEEDED. You definitely feel that you are needed and that you are the only one who can give your baby what she wants. This could off course be a bad thing too.
  10. BREAK. It gave me a break from whatever I was doing. 
My newborn baby
Just drank some booby milk

How did I stop breastfeeding?

Little B's granny, her auntie and cousin offered to take care of her over the weekend. It was strange and difficult to not have her close, but it definitely paid off. They got Little B to sleep all through the night and to drink formula. Amazing! It's now been almost a week and she still sleeps through the night and continues to drinks formula. We moved her crib out of our bedroom and she is back in her smaller sized crib we got when she was a newborn. I don't know if it's because she likes the small crib better or what, but she still sleeps all night long. 

I hope it will continue this way!


Xo

Little B's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment