Wednesday 11 March 2015

3 things that would benefit you child

Tonight we had to get out of our condo since a realtor was showing it to a client. We went to our neighbourhood restaurant and had an appetizer. While there we met this really cool older gentleman. He already raised 5 children. He started talking to us and said that he had some advice that would be valuable for little B and her future. Since I'm a freaking foreigner in Canada it was good to hear advice from someone with experience here!

I guess what he said applies to Canada but it could really be adapted to anywhere you live.

1. Place your child in the French immersion School
I guess little B would have to learn English, Swedish AND French. How awesome wouldn't that be for her career and future opportunities!! I studied French myself for about 6 years, but I don't remember much more than Bonjour. Little B would have to teach me! =)

2. Air Cadets
The gentleman said that the Air Cadet program focuses on leadership and decision making skills (all very beneficial to have). I can see how this program would help build a confident young woman!

3. School of the arts
It was very noicy in the restaurant so I couldn't hear why he recommended this. I could think of a few reasons like creative development and so on. Anyways, I would have to look into it. 

The gentleman said that these things had greatly benefitted his children who now are successful adults. It was really cool to meet him and I'm happy that he shared that with us! 

It's so amazing to think that little B has her whole future ahead of her. I so want to be able to make her future as successful as possible! I will definitely look into these three options for her. 

Xo
Little B's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment