Monday 30 March 2015

Vacationing with a baby

We just came back from a nice vacation in Cuba with our little B. It was nice for the whole family to get away from our everyday life and enjoy the beach, pool and nice weather. Everyone was very friendly and little B loved the pool! I just have to add that the buffet food was pretty bad! In fact the food was terrible! I didn't want to be "one of those people" who complains but I guess after tasting it for a week, I have to say YUCK!
Anyways, that was not what I was going to write about. I wanted to give some useful tips for others who plan on traveling with a baby.

Food for baby
We brought food from home for little B. She likes those soft pouches with food, they are light weight and easy to use. For one week, we packed about 14 of those.
Baby food

We also brought some snacks, like crackers and some apple sauce.
Although the buffet food was what it was, we occasionally gave her some yogurt for breakfast from the buffet and some bread (I also gave her ice cream but don't tell anyone......)

Drinks for baby
We brought formula that I packed in my carry on luggage. We also had easy access to boob milk (The milk factory was present) and we used bottled water for her to drink as well.

Sanitizing bottles
I was concerned about sanitizing her bottles and stuff before we went. I emailed the hotel who said that there will be a kettle in our room. Great for pouring boiled water over stuff and kill bacteria, right?! However, upon arrival we only found a coffee maker in our room. Good thing was that I packed a little bottle of dish-washing liquid and a brush which I used to clean her bottles. I first used tap water, then I poured some bottle water over everything to rinse of the tap water. Maybe this is insanity and paranoia at its finest but it made me feel better!

Swimwear
What a joke to buy a swimsuit for a baby! I never ever used it. All we used was her rashguard top with the swim diaper. Still the top had short sleeves (whhaatt?) so we had to use loads of sun protection. Also I don't understand the purpose of the bottoms that came with the rashguard. We only used her swim diaper...maybe the bottoms are for playing in the sand and what have you....


Stroller
We brought a light weight stroller with us. It was pretty cheap, but worked great! Loads of storage space and even a cup holder. I plan on using it here in Canada too for shopping and such.





Fun to have
We also brought a floating ring for her. It was great since both of us adults could swim around the pool with her in it and she loved it!

Looking outside on the windy weather today, I wish we were back there!
Little B on the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment