Friday 2 January 2015

Blanket for the crib?

Ever since little B was born I have been nervous about what bedding to have in her crib. After lots of Google searches on the subject I decided not to have anything at all. There is definitely some scary stuff out there and warnings against using any kind of blankets or pillows, even stuffed animals seem to be a NO NO. I mean who is not afraid of SIDS especially as a first time parent. Little B has been wearing a onesie and that is all. Nothing else in the crib. I even bought a mesh crib liner since I am so nervous about the SIDS thing.

Mesh crib liner
Mesh crib liner

Now when she is 6 months old I am starting to think about blankets again. It is also winter so it gets a bit chillier inside. Last night she had a blanket that I tucked in on all sides of the madress. I know she loves to snuggle with a blanket and she seemed quite happy to have one. I might continue with the tucked in blanket or I have been thinking of buying a breathable blanket. The breathable blankets have holes in them so she can breath through it.

Breathable blanket
Breathable blanket

If I was good at crocheting I guess I could just make her a blanket with holes....but I am not so would have to buy one.
Another option is the wearable blankets. She has one already that we got from IKEA. She almost got too hot it in first time we tried and did not sleep more than 2 hours at a time. That was a pretty exhausting night for mommy. I guess I can turn down the room temp more......

haha did not think what to put and not to put in the crib would be so difficult to solve!

Ok well, hopefully it is normal to be this worried about your first child. Maybe if I have another baby I would feel calmer about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment