Tuesday 20 January 2015

Bottles bottles, lots of baby bottles!

As I mentioned before, I breastfeed my baby. It is definitely convenient but also has its downsides (like when you leave your husband to look after the baby to go to the hairdresser and he does not have any boobs). It is definitely good if your baby can take the bottle if necessary so you don't feel stressed when you have to do something. I thought in my rookie mommy mind that it would be no problem at all to get your baby to take the bottle. However, little B has proven to be very picky with what bottle you try and I have had a very hard time to get her to drink from a bottle.

I have tried several different models. I have tried to put breast milk in them and formula and a mixture of both. My husband and her grandmothers have tried to feed her, we tried when she was a bit hungry, very hungry and even when she was full, but it has been very difficult. 

Little B's Baby bottle collection


The revelation for me, came when she was old enough to sit in a high chair. By that time I had reveived a bottle called Mimijumi from her grandmother and she actually took it while sitting in her chair. I almost fainted with relief! The Mimijumi bottle is pretty cool as it looks like a boob. However, she was not that keen on it when she was on the couch or any other area than her high chair. She also liked to chew that bottle more than sucking, so it was hard to get her to drink more than a couple of ml. Next, I tried the MAM bottle which has been the only bottle that she sucks from. I have managed to feed her with that several times. But she stills wants boob milk afterwards. We are working on getting her to drink more from that bottle so she feels fully satisfied.

I also tried a sippy cup from Avent and she does drink from that. It is at times a bit messy, but a life saver if she gets hungry when we are out and about. I had it with me on my walk today and she drank 120 ml, wohoooo :)

So far this is little B's top five bottles:

1.MAM Baby bottle
2. Avent sippy cup (bottle to first cup trainer)
3. Mimijumi 
4. Tommee Tippee
5. Dr Brown's 

I hope others who are struggling with the same things got some ideas from little B's list.

Take care!







No comments:

Post a Comment