Friday 30 January 2015

Ouch my nipples!

Is it time to stop breastfeeding when your little one is getting teeth? My nipples would vote Yes! It definitely can hurt A LOT when your nipples get bitten.

 I'm in a dilemma, what should I do? Stop breastfeeding would mean a lot of suffering for me: like what would I do to calm her down when I can't use my boobs? How do I get her to fall asleep at night? It's hard to admit, but I have gotten dependent on using my boobs as a tool to calm little B down. 

I know breastfeeding is very good but at some point it has to come to an end. And honestly, I was only planning on breastfeeding for a couple of weeks and it's been almost 8 months. 
I also want to sneak in the statement that it would be nice to get my boobs back for myself again. 
Still, I can't seem to take the plunge to stop. Sometimes I wish Little B would get tired of it and just stop by herself. 

Is it normal to be so wimpy about the decision to stop breastfeeding? Maybe I'm afraid I would miss it. 
During the next couple of weeks I have to see what I will do. Maybe I just continue until she is a year old and then quit...I just have to find some other method of calming her down at night.

Over and out for now
From a new, wondering, confused mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment