Friday 23 January 2015

Post-pregnancy belly

There is no doubt that your body (my body) has changed a bit after being pregnant. Not in a bad way though!
 Just after my pregnancy my belly looked loose and floppy, like an empty babys' nest. Yikes!, haha. of course that is normal, but I just wondered when I could wear my old clothes again. Haha so vain, but that's how my mind works at times.
Anyways, breastfeeding proved to be a really good thing because I could actually feel my uterus? shrink while doing it. Pretty cool! After about one week, my belly looked pretty decent.

I have been very careful to not do any crunches or other stomach workouts, as that could damage the way you recover. I also made sure to go for walks and eat healthy to get my old self back.
However, I still have a gap between my stomach muscles and it's been over 7 months since my delivery. I can feel it when I lift my head up into a half sit-up position. Anyone else have this?
The gap is not very big but I still thought it was creepy to feel it. I am not sure if it is the condition called "Diastasis Recti" and looks like this:

Source: BeFit mom

Ok, all this talk about bellies motivates me to go out for a walk/run.
Take care and have a nice weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment